For my next project, I will be putting together a tiny ukelele that actually plays notes. It uses a blue bean (arduino adaptable) to play a series of notes when strummed.
Project Description: My project was to build a cube that would light up the dark.
Materials: My materials were sandpaper, acrylic, electrical wire, hot glue, solder, batteries, battery holders, a button switch, and LEDs.
Tools: Saw, Drill, sandpaper, solder, hot glue
The most challenging part was of the project was probably startng again from the year before. I didn’t have the chance to finish last year, and starting this year was challenging.
The most fun part of the project was actually seeing it work for the first time. That made me happy.
I learned that sometimes if the LEDs are backwards, it won't light up. There were a few times things didn’t work out as expected. The first few times I tried it, it didn’t work. I had to reverse the LEDs and then it worked.
Links: dylantechnologyportfolio.weebly.com here is the link to my blog.
Changes: If I could change it, I would have added a few more LEDs to make it brighter, and sand the sides more.
For my individual project, I create an LED Cube that also functions as a Reading Light. It is 4 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches. In the inside, there is a little circuitry. There are batteries, LEDS, and a button. The outside is sanded acrylic glued together with hot glue. It took about 8 classes to create and finish.
For our Hummingbird Project, Chase and I created a tank that ran on a code from Create Lab Visual Programmer. We built a tank that has LED lights in the barrel which lights up when you get close. It follows you when you are far away, and moves back when you come close. The most challenging part of the project was putting on the wheels. They kept falling off, and when we put them on, they didn't work. We used rubber bands to create traction. We had a lot of fun being creative with our ideas, and putting it all into the tank. I learned that coding is difficult, and takes a while to actually come together. We had a lot of fun creating this project.